Terms and conditions of learning
Offers of learning
Applicants are courteously reminded of our admissions policy.
The service uses its best endeavours to accommodate as many applicants as possible who wish to study at SLSS. However, we cannot guarantee a place offer to all applicants, nor is there an entitlement to a place. Applicants will only be offered and enrolled on to courses at SLSS if:
- Funding for and spaces on the relevant courses exist and the applicant meets the residency and eligibility criteria set out by the funding body for our courses (mainly the Tees Valley Combined Authority and Education and Skills Funding Agency) and
- The applicant has not previously been funded for the same course, except where they have previously failed an external assessment and the funding arrangements permit resitting the course and assessments.
- To enable applicants on waiting lists to be considered for a place, place offers must be accepted within 1 week of the offer being made.
- By accepting the offer of a place applicants must agree to comply with SLSS attendance, punctuality and withdrawal policy published on the service website. SLSS reserves the right to cancel the place of any applicant who fails to start the course or fails to comply with the attendance policy. There is no automatic right for a place should the applicant wish to re-apply.
- The service reserves the right to not offer a place where offers have been made to applicants previously, and those offers have not been taken up, or they have failed to meet the attendance conditions on three or more occasions or because they have been removed from provision because of not meeting expected behaviour standards.
Stockton Borough Council takes all reasonable steps to provide the services and courses described in this course guide. However, it does not guarantee the provision of such services. The provision of courses is dependent on there being sufficient demand and funding to make their operation viable. The information provided in this brochure is, to the best of our knowledge, accurate at the time of going to print.
We accept no liability for any errors or omissions, and we reserve the right to alter, amend or remove courses listed without notice.