- Integration of Mathematics and Crafts: The Crafty Maths course focuses on integrating mathematical concepts with a variety of craft projects. Participants will engage in activities such as origami, paper quilling, beadwork, and geometric pattern making, allowing them to explore mathematical concepts in a tangible and visual way.
- Mathematical Concepts Through Craft Projects: Participants will learn how to apply mathematical concepts, such as geometry, measurement, patterns, symmetry, and spatial reasoning, to create unique craft projects. They will discover how mathematical principles can be utilised in the design, construction, and aesthetics of their crafts.
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking: The course aims to enhance participants’ problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. By working on craft projects that involve mathematical challenges and puzzles, learners will develop logical reasoning, spatial visualisation, and analytical thinking abilities.
- Hands-On Learning and Practical Application: The Crafty Maths course emphasises a hands-on learning approach, where participants actively engage in crafting activities. They will manipulate materials, experiment with different techniques, and observe the practical applications of mathematical concepts in the creation of their crafts.
- Creativity and Artistic Expression: Participants will have the opportunity to express their creativity and artistic abilities through craft projects. They will learn how mathematical principles and artistic design can be combined to produce visually appealing and mathematically accurate creations.
The Crafty Maths course will be delivered through a combination of instructional sessions, hands-on workshops, and collaborative projects. Participants will receive guidance and demonstrations on various craft techniques and mathematical concepts. The course may also include group discussions, problem-solving exercises, and opportunities for self-expression
Contact our friendly team below for more information and to enrol onto our Multiply courses:
📱 Phone: 01642 527916 | 📧 Email: email@example.com
Course Type / Level
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for anyone who doesn't already have a level 2 qualification in Maths.
Age 19 +
EU/UK resident for the last 3 Years
Dates and Duration
Start Date: 12 September 2023
Time: 9:30am - 11:30
Duration: 6 Weeks
Billingham Community Centre
The Causeway, Billingham
Functional Skills Maths qualification