The course content typically covers a range of topics related to well-being and activity provision in care, including:
- Understanding the principles of well-being: Learners will explore the concept of well-being and the factors that contribute to a person's overall well-being. This could include physical, emotional, social, and psychological well-being.
- Person-centred care: Understanding the importance of person-centred care and how to tailor activities to meet the needs and preferences of individuals.
- Promoting physical activity: Strategies to encourage and support individuals in participating in physical activities appropriate to their abilities and interests.
- Supporting social interaction: Techniques for promoting social interaction and engagement among individuals in care.
- Planning and delivering activities: How to plan, organise, and deliver a variety of activities that promote well-being and cater to the needs of different individuals.
- Communication skills: Developing effective communication skills to engage with individuals and understand their needs and preferences better.
- Health and safety considerations: Understanding the importance of health and safety when providing activities in a care setting.
Course Type / Level
Health, Social Care & Education
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at individuals who work in or are aspiring to work in roles within the health and social care sector, particularly those involved in supporting the well-being of individuals in care settings such as residential homes, nursing homes, day centres, or other care facilities.
Age 19 +
EU/UK resident for the last 3 Years
Dates and Duration
Start Date: 13 September 2023
Duration: 25 Weeks
Billingham Community Centre
The Causeway, Billingham
Introduction to Next Steps Maths Next Step Maths