The course content typically covers various essential aspects of adult care, including:
- Understanding the Role of the Care Worker: Exploring the responsibilities and duties of a care worker, as well as the importance of promoting dignity, privacy, and respect for individuals in their care.
- Communication Skills in Care: Developing effective communication techniques to engage with individuals, their families, and other members of the care team.
- Health and Safety in Care Settings: Learning about health and safety regulations and best practices within care environments to ensure the well-being of individuals and staff.
- Equality and Inclusion in Care: Understanding the importance of promoting equality and diversity within care settings and providing care that respects the individuality of each person.
- Personal Development in Care: Exploring opportunities for personal and professional development in the care sector, including self-assessment and reflective practices.
- Providing Person-Centered Care: Understanding the principles of person-centred care and how to tailor care plans to meet the specific needs and preferences of individuals.
- Safeguarding Adults: Recognizing signs of abuse and neglect, understanding safeguarding procedures, and knowing how to respond to safeguarding concerns.
- Support for Individuals with Specific Needs: Learning about different support needs, such as those related to physical or cognitive disabilities, and how to provide appropriate care.
Assessment methods typically include written assignments, practical assessments, professional discussions, and observations in real care settings. The course can be delivered through classroom-based learning, work placements, and self-directed study.
You must be working or volunteering within an Adult Care setting to apply.
Course Type / Level
Health, Social Care & Education
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for people who are either new to the field or those already working in care roles but looking to enhance their skills and obtain a recognized qualification.
Age 19 +
EU/UK resident for the last 3 Years
Dates and Duration
Start Date: 07 September 2023
Duration: 53 Weeks
Start Date: 11 January 2024
Duration: 56 Weeks
Billingham Community Centre
The Causeway, Billingham
NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Care