- Introduction to Volunteering: The course begins by introducing learners to the concept of volunteering and its importance in communities. Participants will gain an understanding of the diverse range of volunteer opportunities available, and the positive impact volunteering can have on individuals, organisations, and society.
- Volunteering Skills and Personal Development: The course aims to develop learners' skills and personal attributes necessary for successful volunteering. Participants will explore communication skills, teamwork, problem-solving, and time management. They will also develop an understanding of their own strengths and areas for development, fostering personal growth and self-awareness.
- Volunteering in Practice: This module focuses on the practical aspects of volunteering. Participants will learn about the different types of volunteering roles and the responsibilities associated with them. They will explore how to identify suitable volunteer opportunities, how to contact organisations, and how to manage expectations and boundaries.
- Health and Safety in Volunteering: Volunteering often involves engaging with different environments and activities. The course addresses health and safety considerations, ensuring learners are aware of potential hazards and know how to mitigate risks. Participants will learn about personal protective equipment, risk assessments, and emergency procedures.
- Equality and Diversity in Volunteering: This module emphasises the importance of equality and diversity in volunteering. Participants will gain an understanding of different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles, and how to respect and value diversity. They will learn how to promote inclusivity and ensure equitable treatment of all individuals involved in volunteering.
- Reflecting on Volunteering Experience: The course encourages participants to reflect on their volunteering experience. Learners will explore methods for evaluating their own performance, identifying areas of improvement, and celebrating their achievements. They will learn to document their volunteering activities and create a portfolio of evidence.
The NCFE Level 1 Volunteering course offers several benefits:
- Skill Development: Participants develop a range of transferable skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, which can be applied in various personal and professional contexts.
- Personal Growth: Learners gain self-awareness, confidence, and a sense of purpose through their volunteering experiences, contributing to personal growth and development.
- Career Opportunities: The course provides a foundation for learners interested in pursuing careers in the non-profit sector, community development, social work, or related fields.
- Community Engagement: Participants gain an understanding of their role in supporting their local community and making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Course Type / Level
Employability & Work Skills
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for those who are unemployed or retired and looking at building their confidence and/or a route into work.
Dates and Duration
Start Date: 05 October 2023
Time: 09:30 - 12:30
Duration: 6 Weeks
Billingham Community Centre
The Causeway, Billingham
Volunteering can be a step towards employment for those seeking a route into work.