By the end of learning you can:
- Read and write Pinyin
- Give and get information about names, occupations and nationalities
- State and ask the date, month and day of the week
- Talk and ask about someone’s age and birthday
- Express like and dislike in food, drinks and hobbies
- Write 100 characters in the right-stroke order
Course Type / Level
Creative Arts, Leisure & Cultural
Who is this for?
For the learners who wants to put a solid foundation in all four essential skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) in Chinese language learning.
Age 19 +
EU/UK resident for the last 3 Years
Dates and Duration
Start Date: 20 September 2023
Time: 18:00 - 20:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Start Date: 10 January 2024
Time: 6pm - 8.30pm
Duration: 11 Weeks
Billingham Community Centre
The Causeway, Billingham
Chinese for Beginners can be studied as a stand-alone course or stepping stone to Entry Level 3 in Mandarin Chinese.