Learning for Pleasure
There are no reductions for Learning for Pleasure courses.
In order to secure your place on a fee-paying course you will need to pay for your course when you enrol. You can pay in a number of ways:
- By secure online payment
- By cash
- By cheque (made payable to Stockton Borough Council)
- By credit/debit card (All major credit cards accepted)
Learning for Work and Life
Many of our courses in the Learning for Work and Learning for Life sections are offered FREE, including the following:
- Family Learning
- Confidence Building
- some beginners ICT courses.
ESOL enrolments will be assessed on an individual basis.
Learners aged 19-23 (as at 31 August 2020) will be entitled to free tuition if they are:
- studying a full Level 2 qualification if they do not already have a full Level 2 qualification, or
- studying a full Level 3 qualification if they do not already have a full Level 3 qualification.
For further information visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/qualifications-getting-approval-for-funding
Where a course fee applies to a funded course, there will be no fee for learners in receipt of:
- Job Seekers Allowances (JSA) (inc partner where claim is joint)
- Employment Support Allowance in the work related activity group (ESA)
- Universal Credit (work group, work related requirement, work preparation or work-focussed interview organised by JCP)
- A low wage (£16,009.50 or less gross annual salary). Three months wage slips or current employment contract stating gross monthly or annual wage must be submitted as evidence.
Where a course fee applies to a funded course the following groups are able to claim approx. 50% remission of full fee.
(Fee band-subsidised) Those in receipt of:
- Council Tax Benefit – Not including sole occupancy allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Universal credit
- Contribution based Employment and Support Allowance
- The unwaged dependants (as defined by the Department for Work and Pensions) of those listed above.
ADVANCED LEARNER LOAN
19+ Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 or over and you’re planning to study at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. For further information on learner loans visit the Student Loans website www.gov.uk/advancedlearnerloans