Learning for Pleasure
There are no reductions for Learning for Pleasure courses.
In order to secure your place on a fee-paying course you will need to pay for your course when you enrol. You can pay in a number of ways:
- By secure online payment
- By cash
- By cheque (made payable to Stockton Borough Council)
- By credit/debit card (All major credit cards accepted)
Many of our courses in the Learning for Work and Learning for Life sections are offered FREE, including the following:
English, Maths, Family Learning, Employability, Confidence Building and some beginners ICT courses.
ESOL enrolments will be assessed on an individual basis.
Learners aged 19-23 (as at 31 August 2019) will be entitled to free tuition if they are:
- studying a full Level 2 qualification if they do not already have a full Level 2 qualification, or
- studying a full Level 3 qualification if they do not already have a full Level 3 qualification.
For further information visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/qualifications-getting-approval-for-funding
Where a course fee applies to a funded course, there will be no fee for learners in receipt of:
- Job Seekers Allowances (JSA) (inc partner where claim is joint)
- Employment Support Allowance in the work related activity group (ESA)
- Universal Credit (work group, work related requirement, work preparation or work-focussed interview organised by JCP)
- A low wage (£16,009.50 or less gross annual salary). Three months wage slips or current employment contract stating gross monthly or annual wage must be submitted as evidence.
Where a course fee applies to a funded course the following groups are able to claim approx. 50% remission of full fee.
(Fee band-subsidised) Those in receipt of:
- Council Tax Benefit – Not including sole occupancy allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Universal credit
- Contribution based Employment and Support Allowance
- The unwaged dependents (as defined by the Department for Work and Pensions) of those listed above.
ADVANCED LEARNER LOAN
19+ Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 or over and you’re planning to study at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. For further information on learner loans visit the Student Loans website www.gov.uk/advancedlearnerloans