As an Apprentice within our Service Delivery Team, your role will be to deliver a great customer experience and support our HR, Finance and Procurement functions to deliver an excellent service. Your time will be split between 80% on the job training and 20% spent training off the job with our approved training provider.
You will work across a variety of functions and be the face of UK SBS. You could be processing invoices, resolving customer queries via the telephone or internal systems, issuing employment contracts, supporting recruitment administration, answering supplier queries, administering payroll or many other varied tasks. Every task you carry out will be helping us provide excellent customer service to our clients.
As an Apprentice you will be trained in delivering the following:
Processing and resolving requests accurately from our customers and in line with service level agreements.
Investigating and resolving queries from customers and suppliers
Liaising with customers/ suppliers by phone, email and via our internal service request system, where follow up is needed
Prioritising workloads & ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and on time
Inputting data accurately into our internal IT systems
Building and maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
Working collaboratively on cross-team tasks and projects while achieving personal and team objectives.
Proactively looking for ways to improve our processes
Ensuring that customer and client data is always handled securely in line with GDPR
Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28th Sep 2020
Apprenticeship Level Advanced Level 3 (A level)
About the Employer
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is an organisation whose purpose is to support their clients by allowing them to focus their resources on doing what they do best, by providing the following range of professional business services to our clients:
• Human Resources and Payroll
• Information Technology
Our clients include UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other Partner Organisations.
At UK SBS, service excellence means more than completing transactions. The organisation has been set up to deliver added value for our clients. This means our people make a big contribution to the value we offer through specialist knowledge and high standards of service.
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Mike Elliott 07384243888 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA) Apprenticeship standard
Business Administrator Level 3 (A level)
Requirements and Prospects
• Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills, including ability to build positive relationships with customers and colleagues
• Ability to follow processes effectively
• Good numeracy and accurate data entry skills
• Good organisational skills and able to prioritise workloads
• Able to identify issues that need to be escalated and resolved at a senior level
• Able to problem solve
• Recognises the importance of confidentiality
• IT literate and confident in using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Outlook
• Working in a contact centre/ shared service centre environment
• Using database systems
• A customer focused outlook
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• A flexible working approach to provide support to other teams
• Understands and displays our company values
• Working well as part of a team and taken individual responsibility to achieve results
• Organising your own workload
Must have 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English and ICT or be willing to undertake Functional Skills Level 1 and enrol on Level 2.
Possibility of a permanent role upon completion.
Things to consider
UK SBS offer a competitive salary, a generous 28 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days within 3 years of service, pension scheme and other lifestyle and health care benefits.
All applicants will be required to complete a Pre-employment screening before an offer can be confirmed.
Visit our website to find out more about the benefits of working for UK SBS and see what our people value about working for an inclusive and supportive employer.