This apprenticeship has been designed to provide access to development opportunities for individuals who are at the start of their career in leadership and management and who wish to take their first steps into professional management.
It is also appropriate for those already in management roles who may already have developed practical experience but who wish to develop their theoretical understanding of management skills.
Who is this for?
This apprenticeship is aimed at established and emerging managers including;
- Operations Managers
- Heads of Department
- Store Manager
- Regional Manager
- Middle Manager and Specialist Managers.
Key responsibilities are likely to include;
- inputting to strategic planning
- creating and delivering
- operational plans
- managing projects leading and managing teams managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, supporting people through coaching and mentoring.
What entry requirements do I need to start the apprenticeship?
Applicants need to be in a suitable management role in order to apply the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours within the required occupational standards with the support of their employer.
Applicants will also need to be aged 16 or over and hold a relevant English and maths qualification at GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) or be prepared to achieve Functional Skills qualifications as part of their course.
What will the apprenticeship cover?
The apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst being employed. Apprentices will complete a CMI Level 5 Diploma including the following units:
- Principles of Operational Leadership and Management in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Alongside this apprentices will demonstrate their knowledge, skills and behaviours across the following key themes within the occupational standards:
- Interpersonal Excellence- Managing People and Developing Relationships
- Organisational Performance- Delivering Results
- Personal Effectiveness- Managing Self
This apprenticeship also has an End Point Assessment which you will be expected to complete to achieve the qualification.
Where and when will I learn?
The apprenticeship will typically take 18 months to complete. During the apprenticeship you’ll attend regular training sessions at Billingham Community Centre to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship and in preparation for End Point Assessment.
You are also required to complete at least 20% off the job training with the support of your employer through a range of flexible approaches which will be discussed when you enrol for the apprenticeship.
For further information including costs, potential grants and our free recruitment service please contact Mike Elliott on 01642 528764 or email Michael.Elliott@stockton.gov.uk
What should I bring with me?
For the first session you would need to bring;
- Proof of your previous qualifications and proof of identity
- Laptop (if preferred)
- Notebook and stationary
What shall I do next?
The qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
- Level 7 Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
There are a huge range of job opportunities for people with management qualifications. This apprenticeship could help you develop your career in management and progress in project management, a wide range of higher managerial posts and leadership opportunities.