There are two vacancies available, one more kitchen based, one more front of house. Both will be very busy roles and involve:
- Food and drink prep
- Serving food and drink
- Taking payments
- Providing excellent customer service
- Helping to keep a clean tidy and safe work area
Helping with promotions
- Weekly wage
- Working week
Shifts will vary so you will need a flexible approach to work.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Apprenticeship level
Level 2 (GCSE)
About the Employer
About the employer
Nestled in the heart of the community by the railway crossing, this is a hidden gem of a pub with an extensive beer garden, restaurant and bar. We serve food all day every day from our lunch, evening, Children’s and Sunday lunch menus and welcome group and party bookings. We also cater for your furry friends with our
new range of dog beer and tasty dog snacks. We hope to see you soon!
The Norton Tavern
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Michael Elliott 07384243888 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
You will have a workplace mentor who will provide daily training, information, advice and guidance. You will also have an Assessor who will visit you in the workplace and take you for your off the job training sessions. You will send 20% of your time in off the job training, usually at the training centre in Billingham.
The apprenticeship also includes Functional Skills in English and maths, however you may be exempt from these depending on your previous qualifications.
The apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst being employed.
- Principles of hospitality
- Understanding the operations of hospitality industry
Specialist area of choice: optional unit of choice.
This apprenticeship also has an End Point Assessment which you will be expected to complete to achieve the qualification. (see below)
- On-demand test
- Practical observation
- Business project
- Professional discussion
Requirements and Prospects
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
- Honest and reliable
- Able to communicate with a wide range of customers and make everyone feel welcome
- GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Great chance to develop and learn more with the team
Things to consider
- You must be aged 18 or older to apply for these apprenticeships
- Are you able to get to the work location for various shift times: Station Road, Norton, Stockton-On-Tees, TS20 1PE, and the training location, Billingham Community Centre, The Causeway, Billingham, TS23 2LA?