- Providing a warm welcome to all customers, providing first class customer service to make sure everyone feels at home when they visit
- Take orders, take card payments and cash payments to strict Covid-19 control standards
- Keep the front of house surfaces and floors clean and tidy, accept and stock-control orders
- You will also need to be creative and enjoy using social media as the role will include promoting the business over social media, the website and other channels
- You will need to help with advertising and promotional ideas and displays
- You will need to be good with cash handling as you will be taking payments, however full training will be provided
- Maintain the highest standards of health, hygiene and safety and actively assist in maintaining a five star food hygiene rating, including stock rotation and ordering
- Weekly wage
- Working week
Shifts will vary and include Saturday working. You will spend 20% of your time in off the job training. You will also be paid for time spent in training. You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Expected duration
Level 2 (GCSE)
About the Employer
Quirky and comfy cafe that brings something totally different to Stockton. Cafe 81 on Oxbridge Lane is the brainchild of ex-teacher Marie Dryden - and she's also decided to cater for vegans and those with gluten-free and dairy-free diets.
"The area has had cafes but they tend to be for quick bites, I want this to be a destination place that people come to because of the quality and the difference of what I'm offering."
Marie has transformed an old Stockton office into her dream eatery, which will serve home-cooked meals, afternoon coffee and cake specials and "real children's food - not just chicken nuggets and chips".
All Marie's gluten-free products will be prepared from her home-based business, Marie's Wheat Free, to avoid any cross-contamination. "When eating out, you tend to get pre-packaged stuff if you are gluten free or dairy free," she adds. “I use quality ingredients and cater for any special diets.”
The decoration is quirky, there are comfy seating areas and high chairs for the children.
81 Oxbridge Lane
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Mike Elliott 07384 243888 email@example.com
You will have a ‘workplace mentor’ who will provide you with training in your everyday job along with information advice and guidance. You will also have an Assessor who will visit you in the workplace to observe you working and discuss the way you are working.
You will also spend 20% of your time in ‘off the job training’, where you will attend lessons at Stockton Council Learning and Skills in Billingham.
You will work towards:
- Customer Service apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths at Level 1 (you may be exempt from Functional Skills Level 1 depending on your previous qualifications)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Requirements and Prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain the website
- Multi tasking skills able to work quickly and efficiently
- Polite and friendly
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Good time management
GCSE grade C or above in English and maths would be an advantage. If not you must be willing to achieve English and maths Functional Skills qualifications at Level 1.
Every chance to have a good future with the employer and work towards gaining further qualifications.
Things to consider
Are you able to get to the workplace (81 Oxbridge Lane, Stockton on Tees, TS18 4AR) and the Training Centre (Billingham Community Centre, The Causeway, Billingham, TS23 2DA)?