Company Main Responsibilities:
- To promote at all time the good reputation of the home whilst maintaining confidentiality as per company policies.
- Observe the Homes Health and Safety Policy at all times and to wear appropriate protective equipment as required.
- Staff must report any faults/damages to any equipment to the nurse in charge.
- Carry out duties with regard to the Home Fire Regulations, attend and implement mandatory training sessions when requested.
- Carry out duties with regard to the Home infection control policies.
- Attend and implement mandatory training sessions on a regular basis.
- Staff will follow and implement the Essential Steps to safe, clean care.
- Answer the door and telephone. Make visitors welcome and give them any assistance they may require ensuring they sign in and out of the building.
- All staff to know how to activate emergency call systems and to respond to an emergency calls immediately.
- To be reliable in attending rotated shifts and if unable to attend you must provide the home with adequate notice and keep them regularly informed of your current status. Complete accurate timesheets. Also to inform the company of any changes of personal details, e.g. name changes, telephone numbers etc.
- Take part in staff and resident meetings when required.
- It is your responsibility to personally report any absences to matron/nurse in charge, unless impossible to do so.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To supply a supportive role in the smooth running of the administration of the Nursing Lodge:
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the Nursing Lodge, Residents, Staff and related work.
- Following the homes Policies and Procedures as laid down.
- Collecting the mail and dividing resident’s personal mail from business mail. Delivering residents’ mail and newspapers round the home.
- Opening the businesses mail, date stamping and passing on to relevant departments to be processed.
- Maintain stationery supplies for the Home by checking and supplying stationary regularly. (Using the Photocopier, Computer - Microsoft Word package, excel package).
- Process the receipt and checking of suppliers' invoices and statements.
- Maintaining an organised filing system.
- Arrange the accurate calculation of gross wages and their records e.g. Holiday, sick. (Involving the use of Calculator, Computer - Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet package.)
- Maintain complete Resident and Staff files by maintaining an organised filing system. (Using Microsoft Word package, Lotus Approach Database package)
- Supply secretarial services to the Matron and staff. (Typing, Photocopying, Telephone calls, uses of the fax machine.)
- Reception duties such as greeting / dealing with enquiries from, staff, residents, and residents relatives, visitors within the home and answering the telephone. Also transferring / making calls using the Home’s internal telephone system.
- Following systems as laid down by Management, within the allotted time by organising workload and maintaining efficient working practices.
- Take minutes at meetings as required and type up minutes and issue to the relevant staff members.
- To carry out any other duties to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Weekly wage
- Working week
You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Shifts will vary. You will also spend 20% of your time in off the job training, this will mostly be done at the training centre in Billingham. You will also be paid for time spent in training.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Expected duration
Level 3 (A level)
About the Employer
About the employer
Situated in a charming residential area of the lovely market town of Stockton on Tees, Teesdale Lodge is a purpose built care home, with a very homely environment, pretty gardens, a choice of residents’ lounges and with ample car parking. As the building is Purpose built it has all the modern amenities one would expect in a high quality care home.
We offer person-centred care in a homely environment from friendly, well trained, enthusiastic staff, with regular visits from local GPs and a well-equipped medical room.
Teesdale Lodge Nursing Home
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Michael Elliott 07384243888 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have a work place mentor who will provide you with:
- training, information, advice, and guidance when at work.
You will also attend Stockton Council Learning & Skills Service in Billingham one day a week for off the job training.
You will have an Assessor who will observe you in the workplace and support you with your training.
The apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst being employed.
This apprenticeship also requires you to achieve Functional Skills qualifications at level 2 in English and maths, although you may be exempt from these depending on your previous qualifications.
Sample of the topics which will be covered include:
- record and document production
- decision making
- interpersonal skills
- planning and organisation
- project management
- The organisation, value of their skills, stakeholders, relevant regulation, business fundamentals, processes and external environment factors
- personal qualities
- managing performance
- adaptability and responsibility
The above topics will be studied over a period of 18 months.
This qualification has an End Point Assessment, which you would be expected to complete for you to achieve your apprenticeship.
This includes the following:
- project presentation
- candidate portfolio interview
- knowledge test
Requirements and Prospects
- Basic IT skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good telephone manners
- Good literacy and grammar skills
- Communication skills
- Good manners
- Time management
- Able to deal with confidential information
- Understanding attitude
Grade C (or equivalent) or above in English Language and maths would be an advantage.
Great opportunity to develop and progress with the company.
Things to consider
This position will be subject to completion of an enhanced DBS check.
Are you able to get to the work place location (Radcliffe Cres, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees TS17 6BS) and the training location (Billingham Community Centre, The Causeway, Billingham,