You will be the first point of contact for our customers and the face of UK SBS. You could be processing invoices, resolving customer queries via the telephone or internal systems, issuing employment contracts, supporting recruitment administration, answering supplier queries, administering payroll or other varied tasks. Every task you carry out will be helping us to provide first-rate customer service to our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES:
Duties within our service delivery teams may include:
- Processing and resolving requests accurately from our customers and in line with service level agreements
- Investigating and resolving queries from customers and suppliers (which could be in our contact centre)
- Liaising with customers/suppliers by phone, email and via our internal service request system, where follow up is needed
- Prioritising workloads and ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and on time
- Inputting data accurately into our internal IT systems
- Building and maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Proactively looking for ways to improve our processes
- Ensuring that customer and client data is handled securely at all times
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and the post-holder will be expected to be flexible and carry out similar duties (not specifically listed) as and when required to meet business needs.
UK SBS are embracing a hybrid way of working within the business to offer flexibility and a better work/life balance for our employees.
- Annual wage
- Working week
Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:30 or 09:00 -17:00. You will also spend 20% of your time in off the job training, this will mostly take place at Stockton Council Learning & Skills in Billingham. You will also be paid for time spent in training.
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Expected duration
Level 3 (A level)
About the Employer
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is an organisation whose purpose is to support their clients by allowing them to focus their resources on doing what they do best, by providing the following range of professional business services to our clients:
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Information Technology
Our clients include UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other Partner Organisations.
At UK SBS, service excellence means more than completing transactions. The organisation has been set up to deliver added value for our clients. This means our people make a big contribution to the value we offer through specialist knowledge and high standards of service.
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Michael Elliott 07384243888 firstname.lastname@example.org
Your time will be split between 80% learning in your role and 20% away from work studying to achieve a formal apprenticeship qualification. Your off the job training will mostly take place at Stockton Council Learning & Skills in Billingham.
Your apprenticeship will include Business Administration Level 3 and Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths, however you may be exempt from Functional Skills depending on your previous qualifications.
The apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst being employed.
Sample of the topics which will be covered include:
IT, record and document production, decision making, interpersonal skills, communication, quality, planning and organisation and project management.
The organisation, value of their skills, stakeholders, relevant regulation, business fundamentals, processes and external environment factors.
Professionalism, personal qualities, managing performance, adaptability and responsibility.
The above topics will be studied over a period of 18 months.
This qualification has an End Point Assessment, which you would be expected to complete for you to achieve your apprenticeship. This includes the following:
- project presentation
- candidate portfolio interview
- knowledge test
Requirements and Prospects
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate and confident using Outlook and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Good numeracy and accurate data entry skills, demonstrating attention to detail
- Demonstrable organisational skills and able to prioritise own workload effectively
- Proficient interpersonal skills, able to build positive relationships with customers and colleagues
- Capability to follow processes effectively
- Ability to problem solve straightforward work problems by following set guidelines or seeking advice when needed
- Recognises and understands the importance of confidentiality
- Work well as part of a team and take individual responsibility to achieve results
- A customer focused outlook
- Adopts and displays UK SBS core Values
- 5 GCSEs including maths, English and ICT at grade 9 - 4 (A*- C) or be willing to undertake Functional Skills Level 1 and enrol on Level 2
Chance to gain experience and develop skills in many key areas.
Things to consider
This is an exciting time to join UK SBS as we are embracing a hybrid way of working within the business to offer flexibility and a better work/life balance for our employees.
This position may require completion of an enhanced DBS check.