Apprentice - Field Care Supervisors will be trained to implement field-based quality control systems and the efficient running of their own specific, defined areas & will vary their hours of work in order to effectively monitor and support all Car & Support Workers and clients. Apprentices will spend their time working in field and in our offices.
Partners4Care is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering home care, personal support, home help and companionship services. Partners4Care aim to deliver the highest standards of professional care and support to those in need and who choose to remain living in their own homes.
We want to encourage and promote the independence and safety of all our customers all of the time. We strive to ensure that a person’s values and rights such as dignity, beliefs and freedom of choice are respected at all times. We also aim to value our Care and Support Workers encouraging their development, skills and abilities.
Apprentice - Field Care Supervisors will be trained to implement field-based quality control systems and the efficient running of their own specific, defined areas and should vary their hours of work in order to effectively monitor and support all Care & Support Workers and clients.
Successful Apprentices will spend 50% of their time working in field and 50% in our offices to tend to their administrative duties.
Principal responsibilities whilst under the Apprenticeship Programme: -
- Produce comprehensive Pre-Assessments with Customer / representatives alongside Field Care Supervisor
- To carry out Individual Personalised Care and Support plans for new and Current clients, and gain experience of writing person centred care plans alongside Field Care Supervisor
- To conduct risk assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment, Rapid Response Assessments, and update these as required as part of the individual’s risk management. (Alongside Field Care Supervisor)
- To carry out introductory visits every time a Care & Support Worker visits a client for the first time.
- To hold on call phone on a rota basis; this will include evenings and weekends.
- To allocate suitable alternative Care & Support Workers when an existing Care & Support Worker notifies that they are unable to attend a call.
- To facilitate and support the practical induction of all new Care & Support Workers, along with the Registered Manager.
- To conduct client reviews and respond to Individual Review Forms completed by Care & Support Workers as soon as possible.
- To update any changes in a Care/Support plan including risk assessments
- To support, monitor, supervise and mentor all Care & Support Workers in the field.
- Encourage and identify opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Carry our monthly Audits to ensure continuous compliance this will include Medication and Care plans
- To Manage and Support care workers in either Billingham or Stockton
- Ensure Medication EMAR daily audits are completed and actioned
- To ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date.
- To maintain close liaison with both the Registered Manager and Supervising Field Care Supervisor.
The apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst being employed. Not only will you meet the required knowledge, skills and behaviours within the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Standards you will also complete a Level 2 Diploma in Care, Employers Rights and Responsibilities and the Care Certificate. Sample topics which will be covered include:
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Handle information in care settings
- Communication in care settings
- Duty of care
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Person-centred approaches in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care setting
- Infection control
This apprenticeship also has an End Point Assessment which you will be expected to complete to achieve the qualification. This includes:
- Professional discussion
- Showcase of your portfolio of work
- Multiple choice question test
- Weekly wage
- Working week
07:00am – 11.00pm – rotated over a 7-day working week On-call is every 3 weeks; or sooner if the Business requires for you to worker sooner. this includes the evenings and the weekend Flexible outside of hours to cover calls when needed (overtime)
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Expected duration
Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
About the Employer
Professional care and support worker management
We are redefining the care industry.
We will change the care industry by offering a new model that not only meets customer needs but also their wants and preferences (and all reasonable expectations) and transforms how they view their own care and support.
It’s important to us that our customers have the full range of possible lifestyle choices. Everyone should have the opportunity for Independence, active citizenship and good health.
Why we do it:
Firstly, we know what a strain health and well-being issues place on families. And we have mediated in relationships where individual needs and preferences have not been adequately met.
We understand the consequences if care is not delivered to unwavering high standards. We have personal experience of this within our own family. That’s what initially drove us to qualify in and work in this sector.
Secondly, we’ve seen from within the industry what happens when carers aren’t trained, aren’t informed and don’t get to know the people they are caring for.
We won’t do the generic, standardised care that can be delivered by anyone. We work in situations in which we can really improve our customers’ lives. And we seek to be able to widen these services out via funding to all who would like to use the services.
Also of course, we just care about people and are willing to give them our time. We’ve set up the business in order to allow us to do this.
PARTNERS 4 CARE LIMITED
28 Yarm Road
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Michael Elliott 07384243888 email@example.com
You will receive training, information, advice and guidance from your workplace mentor and also from your Assessor who will visit you in the workplace and also work with you during your off the job training at our training centre in Billingham. The apprenticeship also includes Functional Skills in English and maths however you may be exempt from these depending on your previous qualifications.
Requirements and Prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Well organised
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Must be caring
- Polite and friendly
- Willing to learn
- Team player
Must be able to drive.
GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and maths would be an advantage.
Great opportunity to develop with the business and go on to achieve further qualifications.
Things to consider
We would also need to complete an enhanced DBS for child and adult workforce prior to their commencement.