This is a good opportunity at a long-established Care Home in Stockton. It will involve all aspects of care work. You will be fully trained and have a workplace mentor. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
The role will be interesting and different every day.
Duties will include:
- Delivering a friendly personalised service
- Understanding customer needs
- Maintaining confidentiality and dignity
- Supporting residents with personal care, including help with dressing, washing, bathroom visits, and eating
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Making sure the home is clean and tidy
- Communicating in a polite way with all residents and visitors
- Helping to serve meals
- Weekly wage
- Working week
Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40.00
Level 2 (GCSE)
About the Employer
Park House is a family-run environment where clients can feel comfortable, whilst having 24-hour access to a skilled team of carers. The home is a small Residential Care home in Stockton.
Our care home is set in pleasant gardens. We serve Stockton and the surrounding areas. We offer respite care, dementia care and elderly care. We have a range of facilities. These include a TV lounge, a quiet lounge and a smoking room. We also have a Jacuzzi, where you can soak away your cares. Ours is a wheelchair friendly home and close to shops and public transport. We are open to visitors at any time.
We offer the following:
- Long and short-term care
- Respite care
- 24-hour elderly care
- Professional dementia care
- Holiday relief care
- Nurse call system in each room
- Freshly prepared homemade meals
- NVQ qualified staff
STOCKTON-ON-TEES BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Borough Council
Mike Elliott 07384243888 firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Standard Apprenticeship, it also includes Functional Skills in English, maths. However you may be exempt from the Functional Skills depending on what your previous qualifications are
- You will have a work place mentor who will provide you with daily training, advice and guidance and you will also have an Assessor who will visit you in the workplace to observe you working. You will also work with your Assessor when you are on your training day at the training centre in Billingham. This will include theory work and also portfolio work for example
- You training will be to match your daily activities. These will include things such as team working, and health and safety at work etc. The qualification will also include an End Point Assessment
Requirements and Prospects
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also able to follow instruction
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- The ability to communicate effectively is essential
- Friendly and approachable
- Hard working
- Real desire to work within the care sector
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The employer has a history of keeping staff on once they have completed their apprenticeship so there is a very real prospect of future long-term employment.
Things to consider
Are you able to get to the employer location (Stockton) and the training location (Billingham)?
Please be aware that the successful applicant would also need to complete an enhanced DBS check.